TJ at Dreams and Speculation is holding this book club to read a great selection of science fiction written by women in 2011. Some of these I have read and some are already on my TBR list; there is no obligation to read all 12 books, so I shall give it a go and see what happens.
The full list of books and details on how to sign up are here.
I’ll add details when I start and finish any of the books – and hopefully there will be reviews over on Saving My Sanity… but, as always, that will be dependant on my health.
- Dust – Elizabeth Bear (completed 11-1-11)
- The Dispossessed – Ursula K. Le Guin
- Darkship Thieves – Sarah A. Hoyt
The Doomsday Book – Connie Willis(read in 2007)
- Mappa Mundi – Justina Robson
- Lilith’s Brood – Octavia E. Butler
Cordelia’s Honor – Lois McMaster Bujold(most recently read in 2009)
- China Mountain Zhang – Maureen McHugh
- Remnant Population – Elizabeth Moon
- Farthing – Jo Walton
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
City of Pearl – Karen Traviss(read in 2008)
There is also the option to read short stories from the collection, Her Smoke Rose Up Forever – by James Tiptree, Jn (who is, indeed, a woman of science fiction).