Friday, 22 October 2010

Women of Science Fiction 2011 Book Club

Women of Science Fiction 2011

TJ at Dreams and Speculation is holding this book club to read a great selection of science fiction written by women in 2011. Some of these I have read and some are already on my TBR list; there is no obligation to read all 12 books, so I shall give it a go and see what happens.

The full list of books and details on how to sign up are here.

I’ll add details when I start and finish any of the books – and hopefully there will be reviews over on Saving My Sanity… but, as always, that will be dependant on my health.

  1. Dust – Elizabeth Bear (completed 11-1-11)
  2. The Dispossessed – Ursula K. Le Guin
  3. Darkship Thieves – Sarah A. Hoyt
  4. The Doomsday Book – Connie Willis (read in 2007)
  5. Mappa Mundi – Justina Robson
  6. Lilith’s Brood – Octavia E. Butler
  7. Cordelia’s Honor – Lois McMaster Bujold (most recently read in 2009)
  8. China Mountain Zhang – Maureen McHugh
  9. Remnant Population – Elizabeth Moon
  10. Farthing – Jo Walton
  11. The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
  12. City of Pearl – Karen Traviss (read in 2008)

There is also the option to read short stories from the collection, Her Smoke Rose Up Forever – by James Tiptree, Jn (who is, indeed, a woman of science fiction).

No comments:

Post a Comment