The Support Your Local Library Challenge is being hosted at J. Kaye's Book Blog for 2009. Not wanting to put too much stress on myself, I'm signing up for TWELVE books, although I'll keep a record of everything I read from the library, however many books that turns out to be.
Here are the guidelines:
What better way to pay homage than by having a reading challenge in 2009? Since we are all different, there will be three sizes of challenges.
** The first is to read 12 books from your local library in 2009.
** The second is to read 25 books from your local library in 2009.
** The third is to read 50 books from your local library in 2009.
You decide which one of the three challenges is best for you.
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) Our goal is to read 12, 25, or 50 books checkout from our local library in 2009. Please decide which when you sign up and don’t change it.
5) These can be audios, downloads, children’s, YA. As long as it’s a book, format and target age group does not matter.
My 2009 library reading list (reviews over on Saving My Sanity...):
- Thirteen Orphans - Jane Lindskold
- In the Bleak Midwinter - Julia Spencer-Fleming
- Rosewater and Soda Bread - Marsha Mehran
- Larklight - Philip Reeve
- Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George
- Starcross - Philip Reeve
- Promises in Death - J. D. Robb
- Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World - Vicki Myron
- Mothstorm - Philip Reeve
- The Diamond of Darkhold - Jeanne duPrau
- Lear's Daughters - Marjorie B. Kellogg
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
Stage 1 officially completed: 3rd April, 2009
- Smooth Talking Stranger - Lisa Kleypas
- The Penderwicks - Jeanne Birdsall
- Half Magic - Edward Eager
- The Stars Blue Yonder - Sandra McDonald
- Swan for the Money - Donna Andrews
- Does Anything Eat Wasps? - New Scientist
- Silent on the Moor - Deanna Raybourn
- Why Don't Penguins' Feet Freeze - New Scientist
- To Ride Hell's Chasm - Janny Wurts
- Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier
- Leviathan - Scott Westerfield
- Kindred in Death - J. D. Robb