Naida at the bookworm is hosting the Romance Reading Challenge for 2009. Since I read a decent bit of romance these days, especially in the paranormal genre, I've decided to join up. The minimum number of books to read is five and it's for the whole year, so I'm confident I can do that easily.
1) Now, "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
2) Choose at least 5 novels read them between Jan 1st though Dec 31st 2009. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
3) Read them at your own pace in 2009 then go here and post the link to your review(s).
My 2009 romance reading list (reviews over on Saving My Sanity...):
- Soul Deep - Lora Leigh
- Kiss of Midnight - Lara Adrian
- Secrets of a Summer Night - Lisa Kleypas
- Shades of Dark - Linnea Sinclair
- The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever - Julia Quinn
Challenge officially completed: 25th February 2009
- Born in Fire - Nora Roberts
- Smooth Talking Stranger - Lisa Kleypas
- The Night Bird - Catherine Asaro
- Born in Ice - Nora Roberts
- Megan's Mark - Lora Leigh
- It Happened One Autumn - Lisa Kleypas
- The Warlord's Daughter - Susan Grant
- Inner Harbor - Nora Roberts
- What Happens in London - Julia Quinn
- Branded by Fire - Nalini Singh
- Angels' Blood - Nalini Singh
- Harmony's Way - Lora Leigh
- Christmas Angel for the Billionaire - Liz Fielding
- Blaze of Memory - Nalini Singh
- Heart Change - Robin D. Owens
- Tanner's Scheme - Lora Leigh