Tuesday, 6 January 2009

SFF and Audiobooks

Since the challenges I've joined mean I'll be keeping a record of books I read in a number of categories (eg library books, YA books, ebooks), I've decided to add a couple more just for my own interest.

While I listen to audiobooks and really like them, I'm a slow listener (since I usually only get to listen at night and I fall asleep), so I decided not to join the actual challenge which I felt would stress me unnecessarily. I also didn't find a challenge I liked for reading Science Fiction and Fantasy and I read a lot of both of those. So I shall make lists of both here, to satisfy my own sense of completeness.

My 2009 Science Fiction/Fantasy reading list (reviews over on Saving My Sanity...):

  1. Dreams Underfoot - Charles de Lint
  2. Thirteen Orphans - Jane Lindskold
  3. Greenwitch - Susan Cooper
  4. In the Forests of Serre - Patricia A. McKillip
  5. Larklight - Philip Reeve
  6. The People of Sparks - Jeanne duPrau
  7. The Dreaming Place - Charles de Lint
  8. Ashling - Isobelle Carmody
  9. A Thousand Words for Stranger - Julie E. Czerneda
  10. Starcross - Philip Reeve
  11. Shades of Dark - Linnea Sinclair
  12. The Sharing Knife: Horizon - Lois McMaster Bujold
  13. The Prophet of Yonwood - Jeanne duPrau
  14. The Eye of Night - Pauline J. Alama
  15. Angel's Pawn - Nalini Singh
  16. Bone Crossed - Patricia Briggs
  17. V: The Second Generation - Kenneth Johnson
  18. Mothstorm - Philip Reeve
  19. Ties of Power - Julie E. Czerneda
  20. The Grey King - Susan Cooper
  21. The Diamond of Darkhold - Jeanne duPrau
  22. Lear's Daughters - Marjorie B. Kellogg
  23. The Vorkosigan Companion - Lilian S. Carl
  24. The Ordinary Princess - M. M. Kaye
  25. Alphabet of Thorn - Patricia A. McKillip
  26. The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
  27. The Night Bird - Catherine Asaro
  28. Silver on the Tree - Susan Cooper
  29. Giants of the Frost - Kim Wilkins
  30. The Initiate - Louise Cooper
  31. The Warlord's Daughter - Susan Grant
  32. Shards of Honor - Lois McMaster Bujold
  33. The Keeping Place - Isobelle Carmody
  34. Dead After Dark - Sherrilyn Kenyon et al
  35. Half Magic - Edward Eager
  36. Branded by Fire - Nalini Singh
  37. Angels' Blood - Nalini Singh
  38. The Invisible Ring - Anne Bishop
  39. The Stars Blue Yonder - Sandra McDonald
  40. Diamond Star - Catherine Asaro
  41. Memory and Dream - Charles de Lint
  42. Strange Brew - P. N. Elrod (ed)
  43. The Shadow Queen - Anne Bishop
  44. The Long Run - Daniel Keys Moran
  45. Hunting Ground - Patricia Briggs
  46. To Say Nothing of the Dog - Connie Willis
  47. Harrowing the Dragon - Patricia A. McKillip
  48. To Ride Hell's Chasm - Janny Wurts
  49. Must Love Hellhounds - Charlaine Harris et al
  50. Soulless - Gail Carriger
  51. Blaze of Memory - Nalini Singh
  52. Daughter of the Forest - Juliet Marillier
  53. Nightlife - Rob Thurman
  54. Barrayar - Lois McMaster Bujold
  55. The Warrior's Apprentice - Lois McMaster Bujold
  56. Leviathan - Scott Westerfield
  57. The Vor Game - Lois McMaster Bujold
  58. Cetaganda - Lois McMaster Bujold
  59. Ethan of Athos - Lois McMaster Bujold
  60. Heart Change - Robin D. Owens
  61. Brothers in Arms - Lois McMaster Bujold
  62. Daughter of the Blood - Anne Bishop
  63. Heir to the Shadows - Anne Bishop
  64. Queen of the Darkness - Anne Bishop

My 2009 Audiobook listening list (reviews over on Saving My Sanity...):

  1. Greenwitch - Susan Cooper
  2. The Grey King - Susan Cooper
  3. Silver on the Tree - Susan Cooper
  4. Georgette Heyer's Regency World - Jennifer Kloester
  5. Inner Harbor - Nora Roberts
  6. Gaudy Night - Dorothy L. Sayers

No comments:

Post a Comment