J. Kaye is holding another challenge I've decided to join. This time it's the 2009 YA Challenge. I like her challenges as I'm not required to choose books in advance. Instead, I can list them as I go. So in a way, it ends up a list of what I've read in a certain category instead of a millstone around my neck. I like YA and while I don't read heaps and heaps of it, I read enough to feel I can manage the challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. Read 12 Young Adult novels. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
3. Challenge begins January thru December, 2009.
My 2009 YA reading list (reviews over on Saving My Sanity...):
- The People of Sparks - Jeanne duPrau
- The Dreaming Place - Charles de Lint
- Ashling - Isobelle Carmody
- Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George
- The Prophet of Yonwood - Jeanne duPrau
- The Diamond of Darkhold - Jeanne duPrau
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth - Carrie Ryan
- The Keeping Place - Isobelle Carmody
- Leviathan - Scott Westerfield